[Blueboard] Bayanihan Eskwela Tool Launching

Amihan R. Perez arperez at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 8 14:09:23 PHT 2007

In 2005, G-Watch has pilot-tested the Bayanihang Eskwela: The Citizens'
Monitoring of DPWH-Implemented School Building Projects in 25 school
sites in Luzon. Its promise of government and civil society participation
has come to pass and proved to be an effective tool to involve the
communities in government project monitoring.

  To share and disseminate the Bayanihang Eskwela tool to the wider
public, the Ateneo School of Government, with assistance from USAID's
Rule of Law Effectiveness (ROLE) Project, shall release it in the form of
a publication. We are set to launch it on 15 October 2007, 10 a.m. to 12
noon, at the Amphitheatre of the Ateneo Professional Schools, Rockwell
Center, Makati City,

  In this regard, we would like to invite you to the launching event,
which shall be attended by civil society groups from all over the
Philippines. With your help and support, we hope to mobilize more
citizens for this initiative.

  Enclosed herewith is the draft program for the event.For confirmation
please call 426-6062 or text 0917-8872636; 0919-8021559, look for Gladys
Selosa.

  We look forward to your most favorable reply. Thank you.

  Sincerely yours,

  ANTONIO G.M. LA VIÑA
  Dean

  The Ateneo School of Government,
  with support from the Rule of Law Effectiveness Project of the
  United States Agency for International Development,

  hosts the

  LAUNCHING OF THE
  BAYANIHANG ESKWELA MONITORING TOOL
  Amphitheatre of the Ateneo Professional Schools
  Rockwell Center, Makati City
  15 October 2007 ▪ 10 a.m. to 12 noon

  TENTATIVE PROGRAM

  I. Prayer

  II. National Anthem

  III. Welcome Remarks                                Dr. Antonio G.M. La
Viña

Dean, Ateneo School of Government

  IV. Situationer on School                             Engr. Oliver
Hernandez
  Building Program                                   Chief, Physical
Facilities and Schools
  Engineering Division, DepED

  V. Bayanihang Eskwela:                            Redempto Parafina
  Profile and Accomplishments               G-Watch Director, ASOG

  VI. Testimonials                                           Volunteers:
La Union, Bataan, Quezon

  VII. Messages
Undersecretary Ramon Bacani
  Department of Education
  Undersecretary Bashir Rasuman
  Department of Public Works and Highways
  Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez

  VIII. Closing Message                                 Mr. Jon Lindborg
  Mission Director, USAID

  IX. Lunch

Amihan R. Perez
Center for Social Policy of the
Ateneo School of Government
G/F CSP Building, Social Development Complex
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tels. (632) 426-6061/62