[Blueboard] Today is First Friday

gesu at admu.edu.ph gesu at admu.edu.ph
Fri Oct 5 07:20:43 PHT 2007

Everyone is invited!

First Friday Mass
05 October 2007,
6:00 PM, Church of the Gesù

Presider and Homilist: Fr. Tony de Castro, SJ
Choir: Ateneo College Ministry Group

* There will be a recitation of the Holy Rosary 30 minutes before the Mass.

---------

Why pray the Rosary today? Certainly, to grow in holiness and in one's prayer
life. The following are a few others reasons why the rosary should be prayed
often, even daily:

"Among all the devotions approved by the Church none has been so favored by so
many miracles as the devotion of the Most Holy Rosary" (Pope Pius IX).

"Say the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world" (Our Lady of Fátima).

"There is no surer means of calling down God's blessings upon the family . . .
than the daily recitation of the Rosary" (Pope Pius XII).

"We do not hesitate to affirm again publicly that we put great confidence in
the Holy Rosary for the healing of evils of our times" (Pope Pius XII).

"No one can live continually in sin and continue to say the Rosary: either they

will give up sin or they will give up the Rosary" (Bishop Hugh Doyle).

"The Rosary is a magnificent and universal prayer for the needs of the Church,
the nations and the entire world" (Pope John XXIII).

"The Rosary is the compendium of the entire Gospel" (Pope Paul VI quoting Pope
Pius XII).

"Meditation on the mysteries of the Rosary . . . can be an excellent
preparation for the celebration of those same mysteries in the liturgical
actions [i.e. the Mass] and can also become a continuing echo thereof" (Pope
Paul VI).

"My impression is that the Rosary is of the greatest value not only according
to the words of Our Lady at Fátima, but according to the effects of the Rosary
one sees throughout history. My impression is that Our Lady wanted to give
ordinary people, who might not know how to pray, this simple method of getting
closer to God" (Sister Lucia, one of the seers of Fátima).

"How beautiful is the family that recites the Rosary every evening" (Pope John
Paul II).

Pope John Paul II has called the Rosary his "favorite prayer," after the Mass
and the Liturgy of the Hours.

St. Louis de Montfort warns us against both the ignorant and scholars who
regard the Rosary as something of little importance..."the Rosary is a
priceless treasure inspired by God."

 For inquiries, commments or suggestions, kindly contact:

                          GESU LITURGICAL COMMITTEE
                             Church of the Gesu
                        Ateneo de Manila University

		            Telephone Numbers:

      For reservations:  Marife at 426-6069 or 426-6001 loc.4071
	   To contact the Gesu Campus Ministers:
	  	   Edmark at 426-6001 loc. 4076
		   Jerome at 426-6001 loc. 7154

		            Fax Number: 426-60-69