[Blueboard] The inner energy of Filipinos> Intersect special issue on Filipino culture now out!

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Wed Oct 3 16:38:27 PHT 2007

The inner energy of Filipinos

Ninoy Aquino once said that “the Filipino is worth dying for.” Can we like
Ninoy say the same thing given the many negative events that have happened and
continue to happen to our country today?

The latest issue of the Intersect, the quarterly magazine of the John J.
Carroll Institute on Church and Social Issues (JJCICSI), features an article
titled “Regenerating Filipino Culture.” Written by Fr. Albert Alejo, S.J. the
article talks about cultural regeneration, one of the key points of the
Society of Jesus Social Apostolate policy statement. Cultural regeneration, as
the policy statement says, involves the dynamic encounter between the
liberating message of our Lord Jesus Christ and the richness and the roughness
of the Filipino way of life. This encounter, the statement further says,
allows the beauty and inner energy and religiosity to work for the development
of our country.

Let the inner energy of being Filipino shine through! Read the Intersect now!
Copies are sold at P80 each and subscriptions are P300 a year. Call us at 426-
6001 to 30 local 4665 or e-mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph or
intersect_icsi at yahoo.com. You can also drop by our office at the 2/F Mayo
Hall, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City. Look for Chayie or Didith. Magazines are also sold in Tanging
Yaman stores at Sonolux Building and Loyola House of Studies and at selected
National Bookstore outlets in Metro Manila. #