[Blueboard] Is our environment important to us Filipinos?>Intersect special issue on culture now out!

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Wed Nov 21 17:03:58 PHT 2007

Is our environment important to us Filipinos?

The Philippines is known all over the world for its rich biodiversity. A great
percentage of our amphibians and mammals can only be found here. But, given
this rich resource, do we really take good care of our environment?

Intersect, the quarterly magazine of the John J. Carroll Institute on Church
and Social Issues (JJCICSI) in its latest issue, “Regenerating Culture,” looks
into the connection between our culture and our environment. Titled “The Way
We Treat Our World,” the article features the dichotomy between the Filipino’s
spirituality and his actions particularly towards his environment. Other
articles in this issue are about: the regeneration of Filipino culture, human
rights, responsible parenthood, heroism of the Filipino youth, diaspora
philanthrophy and microfinance.

You might ask, have we neglected our environment? Read the Intersect now and
find out. Copies are sold at P80. Call us at 426-6001 to 30 local 4665 or e-
mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph or intersect_icsi at yahoo.com. You can also drop
by our office at the 2/F Mayo Hall, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de
Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City. Look for Chayie or Didith.
Magazines are also sold in Tanging Yaman stores at Sonolux Building and Loyola
House of Studies and at selected National Bookstore outlets in Metro Manila.
#