[Blueboard] E-Support for Governor Ed Panlilio

Cody S. Rabe crabe at aps.ateneo.edu
Mon Nov 12 11:44:00 PHT 2007

Dear Fellow Filipinos,

Good day to you!

Last October 13 , Governor Ed Panlilio of Pampanga came out to declare that
he was given P 500,000.00 in cash which came from a Palace Staff Member in
Malacañang. The money was allegedly given for baranggay projects and to
support candidates for the upcoming baranggay elections. Since Gov.
Panlilio's admission, there have been other local officials and
congressmen who have admitted to receiving money from Malacañang as well. Up
until today we still don't know where this money really came from.

But since then, Gov. Panlilio has been under fire because of doing the right
thing. Right now,  local officials in Pampanga led by Vice-Gov. Yeng
Guiao are ganging up on him and marginalizing him by not respecting his
authority as governor. Media Publications in Pampanga are even being used to
destroy his credibility. If one looks at Gov. Panlilio's performance thus
far in the less than 6 months that he has been in office, the results would
speak for itself. He was able to raise the same amount of quarry taxes in
less than 2 months compared to the former governor who raised the same
amount in 1 year. Due to this, mayors and board members are now   demanding
part of this collection money and are blackmailing Gov. Panlilio by
not passing important policies that will benefit the constituencies of
Pampanga.

Isn't this a familiar refrain in our country? Someone does good and yet he
is often punished for doing what is right? And worse, while this is
happening many of us just turn a blind eye without doing anything. We s just
shrug it off and move on with our lives. It is no wonder why majority of our
government leaders are becoming bolder and bolder in becoming corrupt since
for them no one would dare complaint about it.  In short, we deserve the
kind of leaders that we have because we continue to do nothing despite the
fact that we see that there is something wrong. And this is why I am writing
to appeal to you right now, I'd like to ask for a few minutes of your time
to send an email of support to Gov. Ed Panlilio, let us all tell him that we
are behind him in his quest for the Truth. What is at stake here is not only
the people of Pampanga but the nation as a whole. Gov. Ed exposed what has
long been happening in Malacañang and now he is being punished for it. Will
you do something about it?

*If yes, then please send an email of support to Gov. Ed Panlilio at
wesupportgovpanlilio at gmail.com and please help us by forwarding this
email to all your friends. We will print the emails that you send and give
it to Gov. Panlilio to show him that he is not alone in his quest for the
Truth. Let us show the world that the Filipino people will not just allow
another Good Man to fail and let evil prevail.*

Thank you for your time! May you have a pleasant day!

Sincerely,

*Harvey S. Keh*
Director for Youth Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship
Ateneo de Manila University-School of Government