[Blueboard] Human Rights and Human Wrongs> Intersect special issue on culture now out!

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Fri Nov 16 14:04:55 PHT 2007

Human Rights and Human Wrongs

Numerous human rights violations have been recorded in our history. All
nations and all races are not exempted from these violations. We come to ask,
are human rights still important to us?

Intersect, the quarterly magazine of the John J. Carroll Institute on Church
and Social Issues (JJCICSI) in its September issue titled, “Regenerating
Culture,” presents the connection between human rights and Catholic social
thought. The article, “Human Rights and Human Wrongs,” features a look at
situations accepted as normal in Philippine society but will be embarrasing to
Filipinos 100 years from now. An example of this is a single copy of a
newspaper which features an account of widespread malnutrition among Filipino
children while advertising seven slimming programs. The article is written by
Fr. John J. Carroll, S.J. Also featured in the issue are articles on the
regeneration of Filipino culture, diaspora philanthrophy, Philippine
environment, Filipino youth heroism, responsible parenthood and microfinance.

Are we giving importance to the dignity of the human person? Read the
Intersect now and find out. Copies are sold at P80 each. Call us at 426-6001
to 30 local 4665 or e-mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph or
intersect_icsi at yahoo.com. You can also drop by our office at the 2/F Mayo
Hall, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City. Look for Chayie or Didith. Magazines are also sold in Tanging
Yaman stores at Sonolux Building and Loyola House of Studies and at selected
National Bookstore outlets in Metro Manila. #