[Blueboard] invitation to the 'Pocket' Open Skies Forum by EPRA

Martha Jenny S.T. Tong mjtong at ateneo.edu
Mon May 28 14:43:04 PHT 2007

Please post. TY!

The Economic Policy Reform and Advocacy (EPRA), a consortium led by the
Ateneo de Manila University and composed of civil society organizations
that aim to undertake an involved but practical process of formulating an
economic reform agenda in the Philippines, will be holding a forum
entitled

'Pocket' Open Skies: Creating Jobs Out of the (Thin) Air?
on 5 June 2007, 1:30pm -- 4:30pm
at the Social Development Complex Conference Hall
Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Campus

The objective of the activity is to discuss how important policy reform
initiatives can counter protectionist policies that increase the costs of
doing business in the country. Focused on the Air Transport Industry, this
forum is the second of a series on the topic of regulatory capture,  the
first one held last March 19 with Secretary Romulo Neri as main speaker.

We have lined up presentations from speakers who are very knowledgeable on
the issue, including Honorable Edgardo D. Pamintuan, Chairman of the
Subic-Clark Alliance for Development (SCAD), who will be discussing the
impact of Executive Order 500B on Regional Development.  From the
Academe, Professor Cherrylyn Rodolfo of the University of Asia and the
Pacific, will be presenting her analysis on how the adoption of open
skies policy has benefited our Asian neighbors.

We have also invited Mr. Frankie Villanueva (President of the Clark
Investors Locators Association) and Professor Victor Limlingan (of the
Asian Institute of Management) to share their reactions to the
presentations.

	###

--
Martha Jenny S.T. Tong