[Blueboard] KWENTONG BAYAN 2007 Invitation

Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan slb at admu.edu.ph
Thu Jan 25 11:44:04 PHT 2007

The Peso and the Stock market are doing well, but poverty and hunger are reaching record high.

The May 2007 election is fast approaching, yet the issue on charter change refuses to fizzle out.

It's time to get the real score.

Hear the country's top socio-political and socio-economic analysts speak their minds.

Attend

Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan's

National Situationer

KWENTONG BAYAN 2007

         February 10, 2007 (Saturday)

           8:30a.m. (Registration)

            Cardinal Sin Center, Loyola School of Theology

                               Ateneo de Manila University

Kwentong Bayan is a semi-annual forum that tackles the current economic and political situation of our country.

For Kwentong Bayan 2007, we have invited the following:

  a.. FR. JOSE CECILIO MAGADIA, S.J. to give the political situationer,
            Associate Professor, Political Science Dep't,, Ateneo de Manila University
Ph.D., Political Science, Columbia University

  a.. COMMISSIONER RENE SARMIENTO for the election updates,
Commissioner, Commission on Elections

  a.. DR. FERNANDO ALDABA to give a review of our 2006 economic performance and 2007 forecast
Chairperson, Economics Department, Ateneo de Manila University

Ph.D., Economics, University of the Philippines

  a.. JOSE MARIO I. CUYEGKENG to give a reaction.
ING Senior Economist

Ph.D. Candidate, Economics, Universität Regensburg, Germany

M.A., Economics, New York University

There will be a registration fee of Php100 to defray the cost of materials, food, venue and other incidental expenses. Tickets are available at the SLB office. Please contact Ms. Marjorie Tejada at (02) 426-6101 local 3440, telefax (02) 426-5968 or email us at slb at admu.edu.ph

Please register now. Limited slots available.