[Blueboard] sci 10 plenary

sio marquez nmarquez at ateneo.edu
Wed Jan 17 14:54:27 PHT 2007

* * * Thirty years ago, if you said the country was living beyond its means,
people would have thought about economics. Now, if you talk about the country,
or the planet living beyond its means, you think about the environment. We are
taking out more than we are giving back. We are consuming energy, water, and
other natural resources in a way that is leading to huge and often irreversible
damage to the planet. So too are most other developed nations. And so too will
China and India if they follow the same path of economic development as us.

                                   - David Miliband, Secretary of State for the
Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs addressing the Royal Agricultural Show,
Stoneleigh, Warwickshire (July 2006)

                     The Science and Society Plenary Series
                                    and the
                        School of Science and Engineering

                                 invite you to

                           WHEN SCIENCE IS NOT ENOUGH:
               The Ethics and Politics of Environmental Decisions

                                 a lecture by

                           Atty. Antonio G. M. La Vina
                                     Dean
                           Ateneo School of Government

                             Escaler Lecture Hall
                           Science Education Complex
                            Friday, 26 January 2007
                              830am, 930am, 130pm

" Each and every one of us can make changes in the way we live our lives and
become part of the solution [to climate change]... "
                                     - Al Gore, 45th Vice President of the
United States, 'An Inconvenient Truth' (2006)

Norman Dennis E. Marquez, MD
Director
Health Sciences Program /
Sci 10 Coordinator