[Blueboard] watch out for KaSocSciyan! SOSS Week 2007
diegavillanueva at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 20:57:09 PHT 2007
School of Social Sciences Week 2007
Feb. 3-9, 2007
Calendar of Events:
Weeklong - SOSSiety page exhibit and SOSS week main exhibit, Colayco Pavilion
Saturday, Feb. 3, 5-930 - Batas Militar Lab - Competition Day, LS campus
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 430-630 p.m. - Power Talks
Thursday, Feb. 8, 430-730 p.m. - Shades of Grey Film Contest Screening Day
Friday, Feb. 9 - Forward: Looking Ahead - SOSS Night 2007 and Flying SOSSers Awarding
The following SOSS week events need YOUR help! Find out how below:
Batas Militar Lab
The Batas Militar Lab is a two-fold event: the competition which will be held on Feb 3, 2007 from 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm around the LS campus, and the forum which will be held on Feb 9, 2007, 4:30-6:00 pm at the Escaler Hall. They are aimed at reliving, recreating, and ultimately rekindling the heroism and nationalism of the youth of the Martial Law period to bolster and inspire the youth of today to do the same as we continue to strive to improve the quality of life in our country.
The competition will be an Amazing Race/Fear Factor event with a Martial Law theme. All challenges will be structured to simulate the events of that period. Participants for this event will be from LS orgs as teams which will be composed of one male and one female member of an LS org will be competing for the grand prize. A maximum of two (2) teams pero org are allowed to join. The prizes for the winners are as follows:
1st Prize: P 6,000 for them team and P 4,000 for their org
2nd Prize: Pizza Party for their org worth P 2,000
3rd Prize: Pizza Party for their org worth P 1,500
For application forms, please drop by the Sanggunian Room at the 2nd floor of the MVP Center or Contact BJ Cruz at 09189354164
Deadline for applications is on Jan 18, 2007 at 6 pm.
A forum will follow synthesizethe events that transpired in the competition. All the participants are tasked to attend this forum as well as members of their respective orgs. The biggest org contingent will receive a pizza party!
Shades of Grey
Get a chance to win P8,000 and have your films featured during Social Sciences Week! Join SHADES OF GREY: the SocSci Week Short Film Competition. Theme: "More than black and white:" stories that are socially relevant or present an insight on particular current issues.
If you cannot see the image above, please read below:
SOCIALLY RELEVANT 10-20 minute short films
NARRATIVE in any genre OR DOCUMENTARY
not entered in any previous competition
REGISTRATION FEE: P50 per entry (unlimited entries are allowed)
FORMS and FULL CONTEST MECHANICS CAN BE OBTAINED at the SANGGU ROOM, MVP 200 or at http://movies. groups.yahoo. com /group/SOSS_ shades_of_ grey/
Registration ends JAN. 19, 2007 and final entries are due on JAN. 31, 2007 . Get your regforms now!
A project of the Sanggunian ng Mga Mag-aaral ng Ateneo Social Sciences School Board
in cooperation with Loyola Film Circle
The Search is on for the Most Interesting Students of the School of Social Sciences!
Flying SOSSers 2007: Flying High, with only the Sky as their Limit
If you know anyone who can be the face of the School of Social Sciences, then let the rest of the Ateneo Community know about him/her!
With the nominee's name, year and course, in less than 100 words, answer the question:
_________ should be known as a Flying SOSSer because he/she ____________ _.
email your nominations to flying.sosser@ gmail.com on or before jan 20, 2007.
nominees should only be from the School of Social Sciences, 1st-3rd year.
for any questions, text Anj at 09165316209 or Erick at 09154449472
We are inviting all students, organizations, barkadas, blocks, faculty and staff to send in photos of that BEST describe your Ateneo experience. These photos will be arranged in to a video presentation that will be placed in the SOSS Week 2006 exhibit.
Below are the mechanics for the submission of pictures.
1. Photos must be submitted in DIGITAL format, SCANNED or from a digital camera. Please refrain from submitting prints. This is so because prints may be difficult to return to the owners after use and the organizers do not want to be responsible for them.
2. Submissions must be at most 1Mb each and should be in standard size (4x6, 5x7,etc.). They may be submitted through CDs or DVDs and can be placed in the designated box in the Sanggu room at the MVP, or they can be emailed to sossiety at yahoo. com. USB thumb drive submissions are discouraged because of the proliferation of viruses.
3. Only PERSONAL photos may be submitted. No copyrighted photos (including those from books) may be submitted without prior permission.
4. Photos may be manipulated as necessary.
5. The following are not allowed to be displayed on submitted photos: nudity, anti-ateneo, anti-christianity, illegal drugs, excessive violence, smoking and drinking.
6. Not all photos are guaranteed inclusion in the final poster but as much as possible the organizers will try to do so.
7. Last day for submission is on Sunday, January 21, 2007.
Diega D. Villanueva
3rd year Central Board Representative
School of Social Sciences, Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral ng Ateneo de Manila 2007
0918 8236594 | diegavillanueva at yahoo.com
Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people who know.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard