[Blueboard] New from JesCom

Madeleine M. Casas mcasas at admu.edu.ph
Mon Apr 16 19:36:28 PHT 2007

B O O K S

Against an Infinite Horizon
The Finger of God in our Everyday Lives

Full of personal anecdotes, healing wisdom and fresh reflections on Scripture, this book draws on the great traditions of parable and story telling. In this prequel to the bestseller, The Holy Longing, Ronald Rolheiser's new fans will be delighted with further insights into the benefits of community, social justice, sexuality, mortality, and rediscovering the deep beauty and poetry of Christian spirituality.

Php200.00

Tender Fires
The Spiritual Promise of Sexuality
For many of us, the biggest issue in our lives and with our church is guilt about relationships and sexuality. We may be cohabiting before marriage or divorced or remarried. We may be homosexual. We may be voluntarily or involuntarily single, struggling or thriving in a committed relationship, or passionately celibate--but at some point we are made to feel like we are compromising our faith when we live what is in our hearts. Whether its our church, our parents, or society that makes us feel this way, Sr. Fran Ferder and Fr. John Heagle show that what God intends for us is not guilt, but the fullness of life itself.
Php200.00

Unusual and Ordinary

In wartime, relatively few members of the army are heroes who get medals. But war is won by the multitude of ordinary soldiers who march and fight and risk their lives and get killed. Similar to them are most of the Jesuits whose biographical sketches are shown in this book. Belonging to four nationalities-Spanish, American, Italian, Filipino, they had one thing in common: they were Jesuits who worked in the Philippines.

Php180.00

M U S I C

Vespers 5: Day is Done

The fifth of the Vespers series brings back Jay Gomez and Bong Rosario on flute and guitar. The album features the songs Hide Not your Face, Empty Space, Kini Mao'ng Akong Lawas, Mugna sa Diyos and many more.

Php300.00

Filipino Exultet

Composed by Fr. Manoling Francisco, SJ., made simple and easy to sing. The musical score comes with a CD containing six (6) tracks: the entire Filipino Exultet (with presider/choir/accompaniment), the parts of the presider, the melody to be sang by the choir and the congregation, the second voice of the choir, and the descant.

Php50.00

V I D E O S

Walang Hanggan

The Sacrament of Matrimony is just the beginning. With the help of married couples Lacap-Mesina, Casimiro-Querubin, Guillen-Delgado and Bersola-Babao, discover the complexities of life after the wedding, a life continually graced by the Lord's presence. Hosted by Susie Entrata-Abrera.

Php250.00 VCD

Yes To Xmas

A four part TV series that aired on ABS-CBN Channel 2 last December 2006 now in DVD format. In a modern retelling of the Scrooge story, four kids who make up a brat pack of sorts become cynical about Christmas because of their negative experiences at the time of year. The four kids resolve to banish Christmas from their lives and, in a surrealistic, try to persuade the whole community to do the same. Starring John Manalo, Kiray Celis, Mikylla Ramirez, Yuuki Kadooka and Jimmy Santos. Includes subtitles in English.

Php350.00

Elsa Gandang-Asal

Meet Elsa, an ordinary girl with extraordinarily good habits! Join her as she encounters everyday situations and proves that even just a little goodness goes a long way. Contains 12 episodes and includes a study guide.

Php350.00 DVD

Now available at Tanging Yaman stores: Ateneo de Manila-Sonolux Bldg. and Loyola House of Studies, SM Megamall B and Gateway Mall-Concourse Area.

For inquiries, call the JesCom office at 426-5971 to 72 loc. 113