[Blueboard] Will this election spur change?> Intersect special election now out!

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Mon Apr 16 16:01:08 PHT 2007

Will this election spur change?

As another electoral exercise in the country draws near, many remain skeptical
if it will be different this time around. As political campaigns become
noisier by the day and as candidates continue to woe the electorate with their
promises, we all ask if this coming election will indeed spur change.

Intersect, the quarterly magazine of the John J. Carroll Institute on Church
and Social Issues (JJCICSI), in its special election issue features articles
on Philippine politics—from the voting behavior to partisan politics to
organizations that ensure the credibility of the elections to what first time
voters think. One of the articles written by Dr. Fermin Adriano titled “Will
the 2007 Election Change Philippine Politics?” features an in-depth look at
the political landscape in the country from the political campaigns of
candidates to our existing brand of politics. It also discusses possible
effects and scenarios that this coming election poses.

Wondering how this coming election will affect the country? Read the Intersect
now! Call us at 426-6001 to 30 local 4665 or e-mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph
or intersect_icsi at yahoo.com. You can also drop by our office at the 2/F Mayo
Hall, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City. Copies are sold at P80 each. Look for Chayie or Didith. #