[Blueboard] Ang Ladlad auction Sept 30, National Museum

dremoto at ateneo.edu dremoto at ateneo.edu
Mon Sep 25 21:14:08 PHT 2006

Dear Friends:

Ang Ladlad, the national organization of gay, lesbian, bisexual and
transgender Filipinos, will have a fund-raising auction at the National
Museum this Saturday, Sept 30, 5-8 p.m. The event is hosted by Boy Abunda
and organized by John Silva.

The event will sell paintings, sculptures, drawings, couture, gift
certificates, books, and offers of professional services. The funds will
go to the legal, medical, and counseling projects of Ang Ladlad as well
as its possible political campaign for party-list elections on May 14,
2007.

We are inviting you to donate a work, or to attend the auction and buy an
item or two.

Ang Ladlad registered as a party-list group with the Comelec last Sept 15.
It was an event widely covered by the tri-media of print, radio, and
television -- and by the foreign wire agencies. Ang Ladlad is the first
political party working for non-discrimination against Filipino LGBT.
Ours is a human-rights campaign, and does not include sam-sex civil
unions in its platform. Ang Ladlad is making history -- and we are asking
you to help us in this endeavor.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Danton Remoto