[Blueboard] Re:sci10 plenary

sio marquez nmarquez at ateneo.edu
Thu Sep 14 19:13:52 PHT 2006

* * * On the big Bang theory: For every one billion particles of antimatter
there were one billion and one particles of matter. And when the mutual
annihilation was complete, one billionth remained - and that's our present
universe.
                                                         -- Albert Einstein

                     The Science and Society Plenary Series
                                    and the
                        School of Science and Engineering

                                 invite you to

                           " THE DARK UNIVERSE...THEN
                               THERE WAS LIGHT "

                                 a lecture by

                          Rev. Daniel J. McNamara, SJ
                                  Professor
                            Department of Physics

                             Escaler Lecture Hall
                           Science Education Complex
                          Wednesday, 20 September 2006
                              830am, 930am, 130pm

"Alternatively, suppose we were to accept the mythical genesis of the world from
night or the natural philosophers' claim that 'all things were originally
together.' We are still left with the same impossible consequence. How is
everything to be set in motion, unless there is actually to be some cause of
movement? Matter is not going to set itself in motion - its movement depends on
a motive cause."

                                                         -- Aristotle, 340BC

Norman Dennis E. Marquez, MD
Director