[Blueboard] New Books from Jesuit Communications

Madeleine M. Marante mmarante at admu.edu.ph
Wed Sep 6 11:06:29 PHT 2006

Jesuit Communications is proud to present three new books which tell different stories, but ultimately lead to one grand adventure.

WALKING WITH THE LORD tells the story of a community. Since 1999, the clergy and laity of Mary the Queen Parish in San Juan have published reflections based on the weekday readings on their parish website. Through these shared reflections, which range from biblical exegesis to
everyday applications of scripture, the members of the parish have entered into a deeper relationship with God and a greater understanding of one another. Edited by Adelie S. Lim, this compilation aims to help other people in other communities to "walk with the Lord" together.

On the other hand, ONCE UPON A TIME IN ASIA draws from the rich and colorful tradition of spirituality in Asia to discover how God makes Himself known in various religious traditions. Frs. James H. Kroeger and Eugene F. Thalman gather these stories, accompanied by vivid drawings by
Schol. Jason Dy, SJ, to tell the story of a God who is present to us in many ways and through many faces. Seeing this tapestry of God-stories shared across different faiths gives us hope that harmony and peace are possible, gifts from God to all His peoples.

Lastly, FULLY HUMAN, FULLY DIVINE tells the story of Jesus Christ, and the mystery of his dual nature. Michael Casey, a Cistercian monk from Australia, engages the reader in a conversation that reveals not only the person of Christ, but our humanity as well. Using the Gospel of Mark as a basis, Casey shows us how nothing truly human is foreign to Christ, just as we discover the fulfillment of our humanity in Him. The story of salvation is played out not only on a universal scale, but also in each of our own lives, in our struggle to become more fully human.

These three books tell different stories, but these different stories really tell one story: a story of hope and love, harmony and peace, sharing and community.

Walking With The Lord (Php350.00), Once Upon A Time In Asia (Php175.00), and Fully Human, Fully Divine (Php230.00) are published by Jesuit Communications and are available at Tanging Yaman outlets located at Sonolux Bldg., Loyola House of Studies, SM Megamall and Gateway Mall. For inquiries, call the JesCom office at 426-5971 to 72.