[Blueboard] GS and HS summer math problem solving class

queena at mathsci.math.admu.edu.ph queena at mathsci.math.admu.edu.ph
Sun Nov 19 16:14:38 PHT 2006

Please post.

  Hi everyone!  We are preparing for the summer math problem solving program
for GS and HS students in April 2007.  The program, which was first launched
in April 2006, was a success, and we are doing a second program for April 2007.

   The aim of the program is to train talented Filipino students in rigorous
problem solving.  Depending on the grade or year level, participants will be
exposed to advanced problems in recreational math, geometry, pre-algebra,
algebra, number theory, combinatorics, probability, and so on.  Classes will
be handled by college math professors.  Participants need to have a good grade
average in math (at least 90%).  The program is open to students from Grades 1
to 7, and HS 1 to HS 4.

   The 2007 summer seminar will have a total of 10 hours, as follows:
  April 2 (Monday) 9 to 10:30 am
  April 3 (Tuesday) 9 to 10:30 am
  April 4 (Wed) 9 to 11 am
  April 10 (Tues) 9 to 10:30 am
  April 11 (Wed) 9 to 10:30 am
  April 12 (Thurs) 9 to 11 am
  April 13 (Fri) 9 to 11 am - graduation

  Note: April 5 and 6 are Holy Thursday and Good Friday, respectively.  April 9
is Bataan Day.

  There have been suggestions from past participants that the program be
extended. However, college summer classes start the week after April 13,2007,
so we cannot do so.

  Due to demand, we will be expanding the number of classes, but slots are
still very limited.  (We need to train teachers to handle the classes).  As
Ateneo employees, you have been given the privilege to reserve your slot
early.  If you are interested in having your children or relatives join the
program in April 2007, please email me ASAP, and we need your payment by Dec.
14, 2006.  The fee is a special rate for Ateneo employees: P3,500 per
participant (versus P4,000 for non-Ateneans).

  In January 2007, we will extend this invitation to selected schools outside
Ateneo, and we expect very good response.  Please reserve early so you can be
assured of a slot.

  For any inquiries, you can email me at queena at mathsci.math.admu.edu.ph or
blessbook at yahoo.com.  Thank you.

  Sincerely yours,

  Queena Lee-Chua, Ph.D.
  Professor
  Ateneo de Manila University
  Math Department

  Sponsored Link

Free Uniden 5.8GHz Phone System with Packet8 Internet Phone Service

Sponsored Link

   Degrees for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters,
Associates. Top schools
----- End forwarded message -----