[Blueboard] Free Quali Analysis Software and Learning Session

Liane Peña Alampay lpalampay at ateneo.edu
Fri Nov 17 12:06:36 PHT 2006

An opportunity to learn about qualitative analysis:

-----
Forwarded message from cmontiel at ateneo.edu
-----
    Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:34:55 +0800
    From: cmontiel at ateneo.edu
 Subject: Free Quali Analysis Software
      To: "Dr. Ma. Emma Concepcion D. Liwag" <mliwag at ateneo.edu>

dear all - especially those who plan to do qualitative research in the
near future,

You are invited to a talk by Dr. Reena Estuar (PhD in Social Psychology),
Psychology part-time teacher from the Department of Information Systems
and Computer Science, on the use of an open-source (libre!) software for
qualitative data analysis.  The software is called Weft QDA (Qualitative
Data Analysis?), and can assist researchers in analyzing qualitative data
such as interview transcripts, written field notes and text.

The talk will be presented twice, since it is part of my (Tina's)
undergraduate thesis class, and I have two classes. (=: So you may choose
your convenient time.
Place: Social Science Room 113 (computer lab beside the Psychology
Department)
Day: Wednesday, November 22.
Time:  1230pm - 130pm and 130pm - 230pm.

Thanks in advance to reena for lending us her precious time!

tina

-----
End forwarded message
-----

--
Liane Peña Alampay, PhD
Asst Professor, Department of Psychology