[Blueboard] added info for posting on conf on heritage houses

fzialcita at ateneo.edu fzialcita at ateneo.edu
Fri May 12 11:14:41 PHT 2006

Since my first sent message did not appear in my "Sent" box, I am
re-typing the info I gave.

International Conference on Heritage Houses and Vernacular Architecture
May 16-17, Tagbilaran, Bohol

Two faculty members are participating:

- Keynote address: "Ancestral Houses as Havens Amid Rapid Change."
Speaker: Fernando N. Zialcita, Ph.D., Director, Cultural Heritage Studies
Program, Department of Sociology and Anthropology

- Paper: "Bohol's Houses: Homes as Part of Heritage." Czarina Saloma,
Ph.D., Chair, Department of Sociology and Anthropology. (Dr. Saloma is
from Bohol and is currently doing an intensive study of the island's
vernacular domestic architecture).

Inquiries:

Melonie Jallorina or Kira Attala Yambot
Community Programs Department
Metropolitan Museum of Manila

Tel. (02) 521-1517  Telefax (02) 523-0613
email.archiconf at yahoo.com
info at metmuseum.ph

-----
End forwarded message