[Blueboard] candle-lighting vs. chacha initiatives May 12 & 13

Benjamin T. Tolosa, Jr. btolosa at ateneo.edu
Tue May 9 23:45:58 PHT 2006

We would like to invite everyone to join Pugadlawin in two prayerful
mobilizations against the current charter change initiatives and for
electoral reform on May 12 and May 13.

On Saturday, May 13,
we will be joining a prayer-based activity
initiated by KAPATIRAN, led by Nandy Pacheco
and participated in by other Christian lay groups
from 5 pm to 8 pm at the Meditation Circle of the Quezon Memorial Circle.

Assembly will be at 4 pm at the Administration Building of the Loyola
Schools (Ateneo law school participants will assemble at the Rockwell
campus at the same time)
and we will have a motorcade to the Quezon Memorial Circle.
Please wear white (as requested by the organizers).

On Friday, May 12, we will have our own candle-lighting and prayer-based
activity from 5:30 pm to 8 pm between gates 2 and 3

We will begin with a mass and proceed to a candle-lighting activity
along Katipunan.

Mass Celebrant: Fr. Jonjee Sumpaico, S.J.

No to current cha-cha initiatives!
Yes to electoral reform!
Yes to genuine democracy!

---

Please email ldelacruz at ateneo.edu if you need transportation or can bring
transportation on May 13.
The advocacy of both activities is limited to opposition to current
charter change initiatives and support for electoral reform.
On May 13, advocacy paraphernalia will be limited to those attached to
cars. None will be allowed during the activity itself.