[Blueboard] Reaching out: OFWs giving back to their countrymen- Pulso # 22 now available

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Mon May 8 10:19:15 PHT 2006

Reaching out: OFWs giving back to their countrymen

Much has been said about the hardships and difficulties of overseas Filipino
workers (OFWs) abroad, but there are still many untold stories, not of
hardship but stories of success; success that has been shared by these OFWs
not only to their own families but to the entire country.

Monograph no. 22 from our Pulso monograph series titled “Within Reach:
Philippine Nonprofit Organizations’ Approaches in Tapping Overseas Filipinos
for Philantrophy,” discusses how our various kababayan overseas have helped
nonprofit organizations in the country serve Filipinos better. It features the
cases of four nonprofit organizations that have received numerous donations
from Filipinos working in countries such as the United States of America. The
donations were used by the four nonprofit organizations for research,
community development, health care and nurturing differently-abled Filipinos.

Pulso monograph no. 22 sells for P150 a copy. Also available Philippine
Migration Journalism Handbook, P250 a copy.

Call us at 426-6001 local 4665 or e-mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph for your
orders or queries. You can also drop by our office at the 2/F Benigno Mayo
Hall Building, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola
Heights, Quezon City, and look for Chayie or Didith. #