[Blueboard] sci 10 plenary

sio marquez nmarquez at ateneo.edu
Fri Jul 28 12:28:17 PHT 2006

* * * Being a good steward of the environment and our communities, and being an
efficient and profitable business, are not mutually exclusive. In fact they are
one and the same.
                          - Lee Scott, Chief Executive, Wal-Mart (October 2005)

                     The Science and Society Plenary Series
                                    and the
                        School of Science and Engineering

                                 invite you to

                    " CAN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SAVE US? "

                                 a lecture by

                              Fabian M. Dayrit, PhD
                                     Dean
                        School of Science and Engineering

                             Escaler Lecture Hall
                           Science Education Complex
                            Friday, 4 August 2006
                              830am, 930am, 130pm

" Our ideals, laws and customs should be based on the proposition that each
generation, in turn, becomes the custodian rather than the absolute owner of
our resources and each generation has the obligation to pass this inheritance
on to the future. "
                   - Charles A. Lindbergh, New York Times Magazine, 23 May 1971

Norman Dennis E. Marquez, MD
Director
Health Sciences Program /
Sci 10 Coordinator