[Blueboard] Fighting for our farmers and the homeless urban settlers

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Fri Jul 21 13:20:14 PHT 2006

Fighting for our farmers and the homeless urban settlers

Often times, because of the never ending political controversies the rural and
urban poor are given the least priority.

The Institute on Church and Social Issues, a group of professional researchers
based at the Ateneo de Manila University through its Rural Development and
Urban Poverty and Governance Programs, aims to provide the public with
publications that highlight the needs of those entrenched in rural and urban
poverty.

Pulso monograph no. 15 features how various nongovernment organizations and
peoples’ organizations worked together for the passage of the Urban
Development and Housing Act (UDHA) of 1992. Another monograph from the same
series, Pulso no. 19 tackles the factors behind the Congress for a People’s
Agrarian Reform (CPAR) and its interaction with the different administrations
to lobby the rights of various peasants’ movements in the country.

These monographs do not only show the needs of the rural and urban poor. They
also show how we can join them in their struggles, not just for their
progress, but for the whole country’s as well.

Join us as we journey with the rural and urban poor. Call us at 426-6001 to
local 4665 or e-mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph for your orders or queries.
You can also drop by our office at the 2/F Benigno Mayo Hall Building, Social
Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City,
and look for Chayie or Didith.

Pulso monograph no. 15 sells for P80 a copy and Pulso monograph no. 19 sells
for P150 a copy. #