[Blueboard] ERRATUM: Belgian Development Co-operation Prize 2006
jruiz at ateneo.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:49:29 PHT 2006
ERRATUM: The line "Belgian Minister for Development Co-operation" should read "Belgian Ministry for Development Co-operation." Thanks!
>From the Office of the Academic Vice President
Belgian Minister for Development Co-operation
Belgian Development Co-operation Prize 2006
The Development Co-operation Prize is intended for students and young researchers, both from Belgium and from developing countries, whatever their discipline.
The prize is awarded for scientific work which contributes significantly to knowledge applicable to development in developing countries. Sustainable development is its principal aim and poverty alleviation a priority.
The prize is granted each year to:
1. students on the basis of a Master's thesis
- minimum of four (4) years of university studies
- age limit at the time the thesis is passed: 30 for Belgians, 35 for foreigners
2. young researchers on the basis of:
- a Ph.D. thesis obtained maximum of ten (10) years after having obtained the first main degree (minimum 4 years university studies), or,
- at least one publication (evaluated by international experts/peer review) of which the candidate is the first author, published or accepted for publication within a period of ten (10) years after having obtained the first main degree (minimum 4 years university studies)
- age limit at the time the thesis is passed/at the time of publication (or acceptance of publication by a scientific journal) of the article: 35 years for Belgians, and 40 years for foreigners
The prize consists of an award of: Euro 1,250 for students
Euro 2,500 for young researchers
For more detailed information, guidelines, and application forms, please visit http://devcoprize.africamuseum.be or e-mail devcopri at africmuseum.be.
Candidates' application files must reach the following address by September 28, 2006:
Royal Museum for Central Africa
Development Co-operation Prize
Applications submitted via e-mail will not be accepted.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard