[Blueboard] SLB Updates

Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan slb at admu.edu.ph
Thu Jul 6 17:32:24 PHT 2006

Peace.

We re-launched the revitalized Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB) during our 20th anniversary last February.  Since then, we engaged in various socio-political movements aimed at addressing issues confronting our beloved nation.  We continue to live the spirit of  Faith that does Justice and we invite you to participate through any of the following activities:

INTERNATIONAL ONLINE FORUM ON CHA-CHA

July 17 (Monday) 9:00 p.m. Philippine time

www.slb.ph

Designed for all Filipinos from any part of the world to discuss the burning issues of Charter Change.  We invited political analysts and expert resource persons for this online chat.  Share your views and get more intimate with details not normally discussed in other media.

SLB VOLUNTEERS' GENERAL ASSEMBLY

July 22 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m.

The Garage (Sonolux, Ateneo de Manila University)

Join us as a volunteer if you wish to concretize your contribution to nation-building through various projects organized by SLB.  Get involved with SiLBi (publications), May Kwenta ba ang Kwento? (Discernment and Dialogue), Asin at Ilaw (Catholic Social Teaching), SuKi (Buy Filipino Campaign), Task Force Noah (Relief Operations), National Situationers and other conscientization programs through our website, seminars and retreats.

SLB NATIONAL SITUATIONER

August 5 (Saturday) 2:00 p.m.

Cardinal Sin Center, Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University

Representatives from the Church, Government and Academe will discuss current issues from various angles.  This semi-annual briefing is open to the public for a minimal fee of P100.

These programs will be followed by Voters' Education, Socio-Political Retreat for Development Workers and various briefings to different sectors, among others.

For inquiries, contact Ms. Marjorie Tejada (Tel 426-5968, 426-6101 loc 3440/3441) or email us: slb at slb.ph, slb at admu.edu.ph.

Manalangin.
Manindigan.

Makialam.