[Blueboard] URGENT APPEAL FOR DONATIONS FOR NUEVA ECIJA FLOOD VICTIMS

afigueroa at ateneo.edu afigueroa at ateneo.edu
Sun Jan 29 16:44:37 PHT 2006

For more than a year now, members of the Ateneo de Manila University have
been working with families devastated by typhoons which hit Luzon in late
2004. The people of Nueva Ecija have been particularly hard hit.

Just this January 2006, heavy monsoon rains and massive flooding have hit
them anew. Many families are in particularly dire straits because they
have not yet recovered fully from the 2004 typhoons. Furthermore, these
recent calamities have not yet received much publicity.

Our friends in Gabaldon tell us that the situation is worse than in 2004.
Over 700 families--mostly neighbors, relatives, and friends of the
residents of the Ateneo's GK Kalayaan Village in Gabaldon--have already
been affected. Many of their homes have been smothered by sand, rocks,
and rising water.

We appeal to your generosity. Gabaldon urgently needs

* RICE
* CANNED GOODS
* MEDICINE (especially for coughs, colds, diarrhea, and athlete's
foot/skin fungi)

You may drop off contributions at the CERVINI CAFETERIA, at the Ateneo de
Manila University Campus beginning today, Sunday, 29 January.

Please help spread the word to your friends, classmates, families, and
colleagues. We will keep you informed of new developments and
opportunities to help.

Thank you very much for your attention and support.