[Blueboard] World Champion Jed Madela Champions JVP

Poccs JVP jvppoccs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:06:42 PHT 2006

Please post for the Ateneo community and alumni.  Thank you.

Dear friends of JVP in the Ateneo Community,

Let the voice be heard.

In the JVPFI benefit concert, "The Joy of Sharing: Songs and Stories of
Hope", held last November 13, many were awed by the sterling performance of
Jed Madela and asked where they could watch and hear him.   His caliber
bespeaks of his distinction as "Grand Champion Performer of the World for
2005" in the World Championship for the Performing Arts (WCOPA) in Hollywood
.  Besting 51 countries and more than 3,000 acts, he joins the Hall of Fame
of the WCOPA.   Jed Madela: a Filipino.

Having won the most coveted and ultimate title in the WCOPA, he received
offers left and right for a career in Hollywood .  But his heart belongs to
the Filipino.  After the competition, he came back to the Philippines to
share his glory, talent, music and love for our country and people.   Jed
Madela: a Filipino with a genuine love for the Filipino.

Jed is (or at least was, until he became a World Champion) an ordinary
Filipino like you and me.   He is a hometown boy of Iloilo who finished
Business Administration in the University of San Agustin .  His father, a
choirmaster of that University, taught him how to sing, having inherited his
good singing voice from his mother.  Initially, his father frowned upon his
entry into the difficult world of show business, but later relented when he
saw that Jed was determined and serious about his craft; his excellent
singing was soon recognized in various competitions around the world.
 Believing
in himself and in God, he rose to global heights with his determination,
perseverance, talent, humility and unrelenting faith.  Let us help this
rising star reach the stellar heights where he rightfully belongs so that he
can inspire more Filipinos with his talent and story.   Jed Madela: not only
brings glory to the country but inspires hope.

Today, Jed not only stands as a champion of the performing arts, but also a
champion of volunteerism and love of country as he supports and endorses
JVP.   As a volunteer endorser, he will help JVP promote its cause and get
more people involved in volunteerism for nation-building.  In various ways,
such as through recordings (if circumstances permit) and percentage of sales
of his concert tickets sold through the JVP office, he will also help JVP
raise funds so we can continue our work.   We hope to see you on January 27
when Jed holds his first major concert, "The Voice Behind the Gold: Jed
Madela" at the Music Museum in Greenhills; he will exhibit his vocal power
and range in his world class performance and render his winning entries at
the WCOPA.    Jed Madela: a world class champion of JVP.

Let JVP's voice be heard through the distinct voice of Jed Madela!   His
voice rings true of love of country, excellence and service.

In Christ,

Jo Maribojoc

Executive Director

P.S. Tickets for Jed Madela's January 27 concert are available for
reservation at the JVP office at Php 500.00 and Php 1,000.00.  For
inquiries, please contact Joseph Uy, JVPFI Resource Development Officer for
Special Projects, at 0927-9147090, 927-9060, 426-5908 or 426-6001 local 4880
or at josephuy2004 at yahoo.com

Donna Marie M. Vergara
Program Officer for Communications and Continuing Service
Jesuit Volunteers Philippines Foundation Inc.
3/F Bellarmine Hall, Ateneo de Manila University
Tel Nos. (02) 426-6001 loc 4880, (02) 927-9060
Telefax  (02) 4265908
www.jvpfi.org