[Blueboard] Check Requests Payable to Employees

Aileen De Castro adecastro at ateneo.edu
Fri Dec 29 08:45:26 PHT 2006

 Please post.  Thank you.

December 20, 2006

TO      :        University Community

FROM  :        Central Accounting Office

SUBJECT:      Check Requests Payable to Employees

In response to the community's need for speedy processing of check requests, we will streamline the processing of Order for a Check [OC] payable to employee for technical/professional service rendered, effective January 3, 2007:

Current Procedure:  The CAO accepts all OC from the units/ departments.  If the payee is an employee, the CAO forwards a copy of the OC to the Personnel Office for review and approval.  The check request is processed but the release of the check is subject to clearance from the Personnel Office.

New Procedure:  Using our revised OC form (Attachment), the Unit/ Department shall identify if the payee is an employee or not.  If the payee is an employee, Unit/ Department shall forward the OC to the Personnel Office for review and approval.  The Personnel Office shall forward the OC to the CAO for processing.  If not approved, the Personnel Office shall return the OC to the Unit/ Department for proper action.

This revision will save time in transmitting, photocopying of your check requests and releasing of check.  Please be guided accordingly.

LEONORA P. WIJANGCO
Director, Central Accounting Office

Approved by:

JOSE M. SANTOS