[Blueboard] Payment Requests With Hold Order

Aileen De Castro adecastro at ateneo.edu
Fri Dec 29 08:40:25 PHT 2006

Please post.  Thank you.

December 20, 2006

TO      :        University Community

FROM  :        Central Accounting Office

SUBJECT:      Payment Requests With Hold Order

In line with our continuous effort to streamline the processing of your check requests, please be advised of the following revision for processing your payment requests with hold order,

Current Procedure:  The CAO processes check request with hold release order and/or incomplete supporting documents.  The check is released to the payee upon clearance from the department and submission of required documents.

Review of this procedure reveals that:

·         Our Accounts Payable Section spends more time in following up the supporting documents and monitoring the checks with hold order.

·         Additional time is consumed for review and filing the supporting documents, which are subsequently submitted.

·         Some of these checks become stale and are consequently cancelled due to non-performance of service or non-delivery of item.

To address these concerns, the CAO will only accept and process documents with no hold order, effective January 3, 2007.  Please be guided accordingly.

LEONORA P. WIJANGCO
Director, Central Accounting Office

Approved by:

JOSE M. SANTOS