[Blueboard] U.S.-Canada Donation Channels for Bicol
Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan
slb at admu.edu.ph
Thu Dec 7 15:42:44 PHT 2006
The Ateneo de Manila University Office of Development and Alumni Relations has now opened a donation channel for U.S.and Canada-based donors who wish to give to Agap Bikol. See the attached document for details.
Bicol is now in dire need. This appeal goes out to all our fellow Filipinos and friends in North America who wish to help in the massive relief and rehabilitation efforts for the devastated region and for all those suffering from the destruction brought by Typhoon Reming.
Please forward this appeal to all your friends and family in Canada and the U.S.
SIMBAHANG LINGKOD NG BAYAN (SLB) and ADMU Disaster Response and Management (DREAM) Team:
AGAP BIKOL (Relief and Rehab efforts for the survivors of Typhoon Reming, Bicol, Philippines)
Reports from Civil Defense Officials as of December 6, 2006
- 526 dead mostly around Mayon volcano and another 740 missing
- 1.54 million people affected nearly 83,000 of whom sought refuge at evacuation centers
- More than 250,000 damaged houses and damage to buildings, infrastructure and agriculture placed at P1.6 billion
- Power facilities in Albay valued at about P200 million destroyed and power restoration may take more than six (6) months (Albay Electric Coop)
Relief and Rehabilitation Program
- P100,000.00 relief fund personally released to Fr. Jovic Lobrigo (Diocese of Legaspi Social Action Center Director) who visited SLB Office last December 4
- P50,000.00 rehabilitation fund released through Ateneo de Naga University’s Center for Community Development headed by Mr. Nono Sto. Domingo
- Initial construction materials purchased to be shuttled to Naga December 6 evening due to reports of shortage in construction supplies
- SLB-ADMU Dream Team Batch 1 leaving December 6 evening for Naga operations. Batch 2 leaving December 7 evening for Albay operations.
- Team of Professional Psychologists from various institutions (ADMU, DLSU, UGAT Foundation and CLC, among others) formed for Psycho-Social interventions as per request of the Diocese of Legaspi. Program will start December 7.
- Various goods being collected to be shuttled to Albay.
- Volunteers for goods repacking. Details, as follows:
o December 8 (Friday) 8:00 p.m.
o Cervini Function Room (ADMU Male Residence Hall) back of Church of the Gesu
o Contact Person: Franco Soberano (0917-6442626) or Cervini Director Tim Gabuna (Tel. 426-6001 local 5900)
- Trucks for shuttling goods and construction materials
- Construction materials (G.I. Sheets, Plywood, Nails and other basics)
- Medicines for cough, colds and fever and surgical mask
- More food, preferably canned goods and noodles
- More funds
If you would like to help, see the attached document or go to www.ateneo.edu/Giving and download:
HOW TO DONATE ATENEO SLB-ADMU Dream Team AGAP BIKOL via AF-USA.pdf
Your donation will be acknowledged and receipted by AF-USA and is US IRS tax deductible.
Donations can be by check, credit card, bank to bank transmission and other methods described in the AF-USA information sheet contained in “HOW TO DONATE ATENEO SLB-ADMU Dream Team AGAP BIKOL via AF-USA.pdf”
Your donation will be fast tracked to the Ateneo de Manila to help with the on-going relief and rehabilitation efforts.
The devastation is so great that it is expected that relief and repair will go on through January, if not longer.
Ateneo de Naga was also heavily damaged. Photos of the damage to Ateneo de Naga are available at: http://www.adnu-alum.org/main1/reming/reming.html.
For more information on how to send help via the Ayala Foundation-USA, visit www.ateneo.edu/Giving
or email Christopher Peabody of the Office of University Development & Alumni Relations (OUDAR) of ADMU at cpeabody at ateneo.edu
or Mr. RC Batac, SLB Project Officer for Socio-Economic Development, rc2_adnu at atenista.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: HOW TO DONATE TO ADMU SLB AGAP BIKOL VIA AYALA FOUND USA -12-06-06.pdf
Size: 126937 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://lists.ateneo.edu/pipermail/blueboard/attachments/20061207/fb38b388/attachment.pdf
More information about the Blueboard