[Blueboard] congratulations to finalists for the National Book Awards!

maricor baytion alunsina2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 13:12:42 PHT 2006

The Ateneo de Manila University Press is happy to announce that the following books are among the finalists for this year's National Book Awards. The winners will be announced by the Manila Critics Circle on August 31, 4 pm, at the Manila International Bookfair.

  Authentic though Not Exotic by Fernando Zialcita
  The Cardinal's Sins, the General's Cross, the Martyr's Testimony
           and other Affirmations by Gregorio Brillantes
  John F. Hurley SJ: Wartime Superior in the Philippines, annotated by Jose Arcilla, SJ
  Literature of Voice: Epics of the Philippines, edited by Nicole Revel
           (published by the ADMU Office of the President)
  The Making of the Igorot: Contours of Cordillera Consciousness by Gerard Finin
  May Tibok ang Puso ng Lupa by Bienvenido Ramos
  Myth, Mimesis and Magic in the Music of the T'boli by Manolete Mora
  Patterns of Continuity and Change: Imaging the Japanese
            in Philippine Editorial Cartoons by Helen Yu-Rivera
  To Love and to Suffer: The Development of the Religious Congregations for
            Women in the Spanish Philippines by Luciano Santiago
  The Way We Work: Research and Best Practices in Philippine Organizations,
            edited by Ma. Regina M. Hechanova and Edna P. Franco

  Our warm congratulations to the authors and editors--to us winners many times over!

  Ateneo de Manila University Press
  Bellarmine Hall, AdMU campus, Loyola Heights, Q.C.
Tel 63-2-4265984; 4266001 ext 4612/3/6
Email: unipress at admu.edu.ph
Visit our website: http://www.ateneopress.org

Visit the Manila Intl Bookfair, Aug 30 to Sept 3, 2006, 10 am to 8 pm, World Trade Center, Pasay City.

  When I get a little money, I buy books; and if there is any left, I buy food and clothes.
                                                                         -Desiderius Erasmus