[Blueboard] congratulations to Gintong Aklat awardees!

maricor baytion alunsina2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 12:16:20 PHT 2006

We are happy to announce that the following books written and/or published by members of the Ateneo community have been awarded the Gintong Aklat for 2006, at the Manila International Bookfair, ongoing till September 3 at the World Trade Center in Pasay City.

  Managed by the Book Development Association of the Philippines, the Gintong Aklat Awards are given every two years for both substantive and technical excellence in bookmaking. Among this year's awardees are:

  Arts: (winner) Tanaw Perspective on the BSP Painting Collection, by Ramon S. Lerma, published by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas

  Arts: (finalist) UKKIL, Visual Arts of the Sulu Archipelago, by Ligaya F. Amilbangsa, published by the Ateneo Press

  Children's Books: (finalist) Rosamistica by Christine S. Belen, published by Anvil

  Filipino Literature: (finalist) May Tibok ang Puso ng Lupa by Bienvenido Ramos, published by the Ateneo Press

  Religious Books: (finalist) Healing the Past, Building the Future by Bishop Antonio Ledesma, SJ, published by Jesuit Communications

  Social Science: (finalist) The Great Island, Studies in the Exploration and Evangelization of Mindanao by Miguel A. Bernad, SJ, published by the Ateneo Press

  Social Science: (finalist) Myth, Mimesis and Magic in the Music of the T'boli, Philippines by Manolete Mora, published by the Ateneo Press

  Social Science: (winner) Women of Malolos by Nicanor Tiongson, published by the Ateneo Press

  Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at the bookfair!

  Ateneo de Manila University Press
  Bellarmine Hall, AdMU campus, Loyola Heights, Q.C.
Tel 63-2-4265984; 4266001 ext 4612/3/6
Email: unipress at admu.edu.ph
Visit our website: http://www.ateneopress.org

Visit the Manila Intl Bookfair, Aug 30 to Sept 3, 2006, 10 am to 8 pm, World Trade Center, Pasay City.

  When I get a little money, I buy books; and if there is any left, I buy food and clothes.
                                                                         -Desiderius Erasmus