[Blueboard] ORP stays at Gonzaga Hall

Karen Berthelsen Cardenas kcardenas at ateneo.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:42:01 PHT 2006

To the Ateneo community:

Please be advised that the Office of Research and Publications has NOT
moved to the MVPCSL. We remain at Gonzaga Hall, as the publishing office
of the Loyola Schools. While in the past, by default, we sold textbooks
because the LS had no bookstore, the function of 'bookstore' has now been
given over to the new Loyola Schools Bookstore.

Karen Cardenas, Vicky Corpuz, Ronald de Torrontegui, and Jay Salvosa hold
office at Gonzaga Hall where they take care of the editorial and
publishing responsibilities.

If departments need to order ORP-published textbooks, claim complimentary
copies, or get copies for special purposes, they should go to the
Publications Office, NOT the bookstore. If they will purchase ORP titles
in cash, they can go to either ORP or the bookstore. The bookstore will
not give out complimentary copies nor process budget transfers and charge
invoices.  These are ORP processes, not bookstore processes.

While set-up of the bookstore is under Karen's supervision, and some ORP
staff are on temporary detail to the bookstore, this is a transitional
phase only. By the next semester, we expect the LSBookstore to be a unit
fully independent from the ORP.
Currently at the bookstore are Mary Grace Santos, Djoanna Andres, and
Jeremy Dalisay. Karen is there, as needed.

For any clarifications, please do not hesitate to email me at
kcardenas at ateneo.edu

Thank you and, again, we appreciate your bearing with the birthing pains.
k.

--
karen berthelsen cardenas
director, office of research and publications

4266001 local 5183    direct/fax 4265663    mobile 0917-8252601