[Blueboard] Maging Liwanag Ngayong Mayo! (Brigada Eskwela 2006)

mfrancia at ateneo.edu mfrancia at ateneo.edu
Thu Apr 27 07:26:23 PHT 2006

MAGING LIWANAG NGAYONG MAYO!

The Payatas elementary schools need you this summer!

The schools in Payatas are gearing up in preparation for the opening of
classes this June in line with the Department of Education's (DepEd)
National Schools Maintenance Week, dubbed as Brigada Eskwela. The
activity aims to bring together the community, public schools, as well as
other stakeholders in public education to clean up as well as do minor
repairs in preparation for the opening of classes.

The Ateneo Center for Educational Development (ACED) will be spearheading
volunteer work in the Payatas schools this May as part of our thrust to
support programs that improve the state of public education through
collaboration and community-building activities.

We are organizing Brigada Eskwela Day at the ff. schools:

Payatas B Annex ES -May 17, 2006 (Wednesday) - painting of two newly
constructed classrooms, cementing of a portion  of the school grounds for
children's safety

Lupang Pangako ES - May 18, 2006 (Thursday)	- painting of rooms and clinic

Payatas C ES - May 13, 2006 (Saturday)	- cleaning of rooms, rehabilitation
of blackboards

WE ARE IN NEED OF THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS.

Payatas C Elementary School

15 pcs. Plywood (1/2 inc)
3 pcs. Lawanit
90 pcs.  1x2x8 S451
1 kl Nail # 1
3 kls Nail # 2
2 kls. Concrete nails # 3
44 pcs. Bisagra # 1 x 2
22 door handle
2 ltrs. Stickwe
ll6 gal. Blackboard paint (green)
1 liter blackboard paint (beige)
1 ½ kls. Finishing nail # 1 ½

Lupang Pangako Elementary School

5 pale White Latex paint
Paint brush & tools

Payatas B Annex ES

15 bags cement
1 elf white sand
1 elf of gravel stone
3 pales of white latex paint
1 pale of white enamel paint
1 gal. Of raw sienna tinting color
1 gal. Of tallow green tinting color
1 gal. Of paint thinner
4 pcs. roller paint
4 pcs size 4
4 gals. Muriatic acid

WE ARE IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS.

The schools need you.  We would like to invite the Ateneo community to
join us in the Brigada Eskwela week.  Limited slots are available per
school.  ACED will provide transportation to and from Ateneo.  Volunteers
should bring their own cleaning materials such as floorwax, rags, brooms,
and husk (bunot).  Bring lunch and bottled water too.

Interested parties may sign-up through email at: aced at admu.edu.ph.  You
may also call us for more details at local 4017.  Donations in cash and
in kind are deeply appreciated.

Maging liwanag ngayong tag-init.  Ipadama natin sa komunidad ng Payatas na
kaya kung sama-sama.