[Blueboard] Fwd: KATIPUNAN BRIDGE GOING UP!

Esther Pacheco empachec at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:02:05 PHT 2006

TO           ALL CONCERNED STAKEHOLDERS

FROM      ESTHER M PACHECO

ON           KATIPUNAN FOOTBRIDGE TO RISE SOON!

Great news in this Easter season!

This past Monday, representatives from sectors concerned with our beloved
and
long-awaited Katipunan Footbrdige were asked to attend a meeting with
Mayor Belmonte.

Representatives from Miriam College, the Ateneo, Loyola Heights Homeowner
Associations, and Barangay Chair Noguera met with City Engineer Cabungcal
and
Mayor Belmonte. Essentially we were asked WHERE EXACTLY we wanted the bridge
to be built. We all agreed it should go up midway between Ateneo's Gate 3
and
Miriam College's Gate. In other words, one end would land right on the
Barangay's parking lot, and the other straight across onto Ateneo's
walk.

We were told that our decision was the final step needed to put up the
bridge.
SO, NOW THE FOOTBRIDGE WILL FINALLY BE BUILT. ALLELUIA! But we shall
celebrate
once we see that bridge standing there, right?

Meantime, just to push the project some more, I sent a follow-up email to
Mayor
Belmonte (see below).

If we do not see that bridge going up in May, please all help in badgering
City Hall. I post relevant call numbers:

CONTACT NUMBERS AT CITY HALL:

--City Hall trunkline           9256045
--Mayor's telefax               9216750
--Mayor's email                 mayorsb at quezoncity.gov.ph
--Engrng Office,Engr Cabungcal  9256045, local 3181
--Dept. of Public Safety,
c/o Mr.Sabalza                9241851, 9241844

HERE, THE EMAIL TO MAYOR BELMONTE:

Dear Mayor Belmonte:

KATIPUNAN FOOTBRIDGE

In the name of the stakeholders, whose representatives met with you and
City Engineer Cabungcal last Monday, let me thank you for calling us to
decide
where exactly we want the footbridge to be built.

Since this final decision has been made, your office made us understand that

the bridge would go up any time now. May we expect construction to start no
later than the first week of May?

PAGASA has had bulletins published in the newspapers warning us all to
expect
the La Nina phenomenon to manifest itself during the summer months. May we
therefore ask that building of the bridge begin in earnest,
posthaste--before
the heavy rains with its floods take over our city?

We thank you, Mayor Belmonte, for your positive response to this letter. May
we
ask that a copy of this letter be sent to Engineer Cabungcal--as a record of

our gratitude for past and forthcoming quick action by City Hall.

With the best of wishes in this Easter season,

Esther M Pacheco
For the Alliance of Concerned Stakeholders
c/o ALIWW Office, Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila