[Blueboard] THANK YOU!

MARIE JOSSIE D. LACSON mlacson at ateneo.edu
Sat Apr 22 11:24:41 PHT 2006

To the Ateneo Community,

My husband, Ernesto,my children and I would like express our deepest
gratitude to everyone for the overwhelming support extended to our family
during a time of difficulty and great need.

After 3 months and 2 weeks of stay in the Medical City, Ernesto was
finally released from the hospital on 29 March.  He is now  recuperating
in my father's house in Barangka, Marikina. We feel this is the more
feasible option for the moment. Should an emergency arise, it helps that
the house is close to Ateneo and to The Medical City.

He is getting a lot better now, especially as he in the care of a physical
therapist.
However, sometime last week, he suffered another minor attack and was only
allowed to go home after four days. We are still praying that no more
similar incident would occur and that he is, slowly but surely, already
on the path to recovery.

A special thank you is in order for Fr. Nebres, Dr. Bengzon, Ma'am Beni,
and Ms. Nibungco who resolutely negotiated with the hospital for a
modified payment scheme; The English department faculty, Lunduyan c/o Mr.
Remoto, Entablado c/o Richard de Guzman,  and the A.B. Lit majors who
willingly organized fund-raising events, Dr. Vilches  and Ma'am Sumpaico,
 who gathered people for a prayer brigade and sought help of our kind
Jesuits,  to the Maintenance Personnel who donated blood, ASA members,
co-workers, friends and last but not the least, thank you to those who
simply took time to offer an encouraging word.  Your thoughtfulness and
sincerity are surely not forgotten.

Most importantly, we would like to thank everyone for the endless stream
of prayers offered to Ernesto. He has suffered many moments of great
physical agony and depression. But prayers have done wonders for us and
when we remind Ernesto that so many people are earnestly praying for his
healing, we know it gives him strength.

During these past months, I have experienced some of the darkest moments I
have ever known. But I have also experienced great kindness some in the
form of vast donations, some in small contributions.

We recognize the effort in every gesture, and we remain indebted to your
generosity. Maraming maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat.

Ernesto, Jossie , Marra & Erika Lacson

--
MARIE JOSSIE D. LACSON
Department of English