[Blueboard] (no subject)
jcf at admu.edu.ph
Tue Apr 18 17:22:31 PHT 2006
Jesuit Communications is in need of a Publications Officer. Listed
below are the requirements and job description:
1) College graduate
2) Background in publications work
3) Computer literacy, esp. MS Office and Pagemaker
4) Experience in proofreading and copy editing
5) Excellent command of English and Filipino
6) Good organizational skills
Job Objective : Ensures that all Jescom publications reaches the widest
possible reach of readers and publishing becomes a sustainable program
Reports to : JesCom Director
Main Responsibilities :
A. Publication of books :
1. Searches for and recommends local and foreign titles with
Ignatian/Jesuit themes for publication.
2. Negotiates terms for publication of foreign titles in the
3. Takes charge of the annual publication of the Philippine
4. Takes charge of the publication process of books from copy
preparation, to lay-out designs (cover and inside pages), proof reading,
binding, etc., as well as that of reprints.
B. Publication of Magazine :
5. In coordination with the magazine's Business Manager and
Editor-in-Chief, prepares annual budget for the magazine and prepares
and finalizes themes of all issues for the year.
6. Takes charge of the publication process from copy preparation,
to lay-out designs (cover and inside pages), proof reading and binding
ensuring that specifications and costs are within the approved annual
7. Writes articles as needed.
C. Marketing and Distribution
8. Increases subscription base of the magazine to 1000 paid
9. Promotes, solicits and ensures renewal of subscriptions.
10. Ensures distribution including packaging, labeling, and delivery.
11. Arranges for collection of payments, including reminding
subscribers of due date and payments.
D. Proposal Preparations
12. Researches funding agencies aligned with Jescom work for possible
13. Writes and/or prepares proposals for funding to be submitted to
development funding agencies as directed by supervisor.
14. Performs other tasks from time to time.
Kindly email your application letter and resume to jcf at admu.edu.ph or
submit these requirements to Mr. Bobby Santos, Jesuit Communications
Inc. Sonolux Bldg., Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, QC,
Telephone nos. 426-5971/72, Fax No. 426-5970.
1&partner=hotbar> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard