[Blueboard] ACED Needs 7 Volunteers Now

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria aced at admu.edu.ph
Tue Apr 11 10:09:08 PHT 2006

Please Post.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

San Isidro needs you now!

Would you consider giving two weeks of your summer to greatly improve public
school education in San Isidro, Nueva Ecija?

The Ateneo Center for Educational Development needs 7 volunteers to visit
schools in San Isidro.

We now have the opportunity to share what we’ve learned from ACED’s great
success in Payatas.

Over the past 2 years, ACED helped Lupang Pangako Elementary School, Payatas,
raise their performance on standard tests from 95 to 19 out of 96 public
schools in their division in just one year.

ACED and the Mayor of San Isidro want to repeat that success!

For 2 short weeks, we need 7 volunteers to help with school-based research and
needs analysis. After a brief training with ACED on April 18th, volunteers will
collect data and conduct interviews to profile the town for the next steps.

Volunteers will live in San Isidro from April 24 to May 5, 2006. They will be
adopted by the local families there and will have free board, meals and laundry
services!

If you are interested, please call Anne Canderlaria even during the Holy Week
celebration at Cel: 0920-9113048.

Anne Canderlaria
ACED Director, 3rd Floor Höffner Building
Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University,
Katipunan Rd., Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel No. : 426-6001 loc. 4017 or 4018 or 4027   Fax No. : 426-5693
E-mail Address: aced at admu.edu.ph

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria                    Telephone: 426-6001 loc 4018
Director                                           Telefax: 426-5693
Ateneo Center for Educational Development
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Philippines