[Blueboard] Facing the past, changing for the future-Intersect Vol. 21 #1 now out!

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Fri Apr 7 11:21:10 PHT 2006

Facing the past, changing for the future

The past and the future—two phases in our lives most of us are scared to face:
the past because of its untoward events and the future because of its
uncertainty. However they are important parts of our lives that we cannot shun
forever.

This quarter, Intersect, the quarterly magazine of the Institute on Church and
Social Issues, nudges your attention towards a new day by urging you to
confront both the past and the future. Titled “A New Day,” the issue starts
with the article, “Revisiting the Past,” which tells us how Payatas residents
came together to trace their history as a community. In the process, they were
able to learn much about their present situation and how they got to where
they are now. Another article titled “Changes,” talks about slum upgrading and
its benefits that go beyond physical improvements.

Join us in re-encountering the past, facing the present and anticipating the
future. Grab a copy of the Intersect now! Call us at 426-6001 local 4665 or e-
mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph. You can also drop by our office at the 2/F
Benigno Mayo Hall Building, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila
University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City. Look for Chayie or Didith. #