[Blueboard] TRAVEL ADVISORY
Anellin A. Perez
aperez at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 27 11:54:19 PHT 2005
ARE YOU PLANNING FOR AN OUT OF TOWN TRIP THIS LONG WEEKEND?
But Before You Leave!!!
· Are lights and air-conditioning off?
· Are water taps and showers turned off?
· Are electrical appliances and equipment unplugged?
· Are classified documents and valuables
properly stored and locked?
· Are all windows locked and secured?
· Are fire exit and fire cabinets free from obstructions?
· Are flimsy materials and other fire hazards
· Did you coordinate your scheduled trip to
the Administration and Security Office for
Do not forget to lock your doors and secure the key.
· Do not advertise Inform only reliable people about your
trip. (Robbers often make a survey of an intended victim`s house before
they burglarize it)
· Dont be a target Arrange your dwelling as usual. (A
house that remain dark and quiet where usually there were lights and
noise, curtains drawn where they weren`t before, and unanswered ringing
telephone are glaring tips for burglars)
· Provides/install gadget Timer and alarm have proven to be
deterrent. (inexpensive timer that turns on and off the
light, radio and TV set on different time and breach alarm
that out smart even season robbers)
· Lock up Aside from making sure that all locks are
secured, valuables should also be placed in a secure place or
safety deposit box)
· Be prudent and vigilant So as not to give felons the
upper hand and spoil your vacation
· Know your route beforehand To avoid being stranded in
unknown place where you become vulnerable to mischief.
· Tune up to prevent brake down on the road.
· Travel light In commuting, take a little luggage as
possible, and keep them close to you because it is the prime
target of thieves.
· Do your home work Get to know the destination by asking
friends and relatives whove been there, and even locals on where
to go and where not to go.
· Scout the local scene and inquire which place to avoid
like crime prone areas.
There is always at least a small criminal element wherever there are tourists.
The two main threats are:
Snatchers watch your luggage, camera, jewelry, bags, purses, mobile phones
Burglars Properly secure the house before leaving for vacation/trip
Have a happy weekend.
A friendly reminder from
LEOPARD SECURITY AND INVESTIGATION AGENCY
Your Security & Safety is Our Concern
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard