[Blueboard] Remembering Doreen Fernandez

Hilda Kapauan Abola habola at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 20 09:38:05 PHT 2005

Former students and friends of Doreen Fernandez are invited to help
commemorate her life and what would have been her 71st birthday with a
simple prayer service and cocktail reception on Saturday, 29 October,
at 5:00 pm, at the Ground Floor of the Triumph Building, 1610 Quezon
Avenue, Quezon City.

Fr. Johnny Go, S.J., a former student and close friend of Doreen's,
will officiate.

This memorial service will also bring to a fitting close our month-long
"Art for a Chair" exhibit in her honor.

Please call the Ateneo Office of University Development and Alumni
Relations at (632) 426-6081/82 to confirm your attendance, so that
proper arrangements can be made with the caterer.

Anyone who is interested in supporting our "Art for a Chair"
fundraising effort for the benefit of the Doreen Fernandez Professorial
Chair in the Humanities, is invited to visit our exhibit at the Triumph
building on or before the 29th of October. The exhibit features the
works of artists of the Tuesday and Saturday groups, and Antipolo and
Pililla artists, including Nestor Villanueva, Fernando Sena, Angel
Cacnio, Andy Cubi, Manuel Yarte, Blaine San Luis, Philipp Brita Badon
and Loreto Racuya. Exhibit pieces can also be viewed at our website at
www.artforachair.com.