[Blueboard] The Real Score: A Forum on the National Situation on October 20

pathways at admu.edu.ph pathways at admu.edu.ph
Wed Oct 12 16:10:08 PHT 2005

Dear Pathways friends,

Good afternoon to all of you! :)

It seems that as each day passes, problems continue to grow in our nation,
the recent impeachment process that was killed in Congress, the pending
Charter Change that the Congress is pushing and of course, the controversy
behind the No Permit, No Rally Policy along with the new Anti-Terrorism
Bill. These issues along with the plunging trust ratings of Pres. Gloria
Macapagal-Arroyo makes us really wonder is there hope for the Philippines?
What is the real score?

In line with Pathways' thrust of producing quality leaders in our youth
today, we are organizing The Real Score: A Forum on the National Sitiuation.
This forum aims to bring to light the different issues that plague our
nation today. The topics to be discussed along with the speakers include:

a.) National Situationer
c/o Mr. Leland Dela Cruz, Director, Development
Studies Program, Ateneo de Manila University

b.) History of the Political Crisis
c/o Hon. Henedina Abad, Representative,
Lone District of Batanes and Member, Pathways National Board of Advisers

c.) Creeping Martial Law?
by a distinguished panel composed of:

i.) Former DSWD Sec. Dinky Soliman
ii.) Ms. Marites Vitug, Editor-in-Chief, Newsbreak Magazine

This event will be held on October 20, 2005 (Thursday), 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m. at the Faura AVR, Ateneo de Manila University.  Please email Ms. Ira
Tamis (itamis at ateneo.edu) to confirm your participation in this event. We can
only accommodate a maximum of 80 participants.