[Blueboard] ACED Updates: The Pen (1st Issue, November 2005)

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria aced at admu.edu.ph
Mon Nov 21 09:24:16 PHT 2005

Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Members of the Ateneo Community,

We are pleased to release to you the First Issue (November 2005)of our monthly
ACED updates, called The PEN (Public Education Network).

I.	News Article for November:  ACED Launches Principal Empowerment
Program and Primary Health Care and School Health Training Program

For the past 8 years, ACED has placed emphasis on the school as the focus for
instituting reforms in public education.  This school year, ACED is offering a
Principal Empowerment Program (PEP) for public school principals in an attempt
to respond to the call of the DepEd to strengthen the principal as both
manager and academic leader.

For more information on this News Article, please click on the link below;
http://www.ateneo.edu/news.php?news_id=3414&office_id=790

II.	Feature Article for November:  Teaching Teachers, Touching Lives

The Public School Teacher Training Program (PSTTP) is ACED’s flagship
program.  It provides school teachers with opportunities to improve their
content development and instructional skills.

For more information on this feature article, please click on the link below;
http://www.ateneo.edu/news.php?news_id=3414&office_id=790

III.	Did You Know

This features some facts about the Philippine Public Education.
For more of this, please click on the link below;
http://www.ateneo.edu/news.php?news_id=3414&office_id=790

Please do not hesitate to let us know of your comments, suggestions, and
thoughts when The PEN comes out.  Let this be a vehicle for a dialogue of
ideas and ideals.  Any remark you share will be deeply appreciated.

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria                    Telephone: 426-6001 loc 4018
Director                                           Telefax: 426-5693
Ateneo Center for Educational Development
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Philippines