[Blueboard] Launching of "The PEN"

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria aced at admu.edu.ph
Mon Nov 14 14:19:31 PHT 2005

Announcement before the First Edition of The PEN comes out
(to be circulated on November 14):

Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Members of the Ateneo Community,

We are pleased to inform you that on November 21, 2005, we will begin
circulating our monthly ACED updates, called The PEN (Public Education
Network), through the Blue Board and through updates in our website
(http://www.ateneo.edu/office.php?office_id=28).  Since 1997, the ACED has
been making great differences in public education, and we think it is high
time for us to share with you the heart-warming and inspiring stories that we
have gathered along the way.  We hope that the medium that we have chosen to
use in sharing the ACED story will be convenient and interesting for you.

It is our ardent prayer that you, too, will find inspiration and hope in our
stories and in our programs.  Especially during these trying times that we are
forced to face with, may The PEN serve as a reminder to all of us that good
always triumphs over evil, that there are angels out there who continue to
bring light into dark corners, and that there is always something we can do to
continue on being men and women for others.  We hope to awaken once again the
spirit of service and of magis, not only in you, but also in ourselves.

The PEN will include current news about ACED, a feature article, and some
facts about Public Education in the Philippines.

Please do not hesitate to let us know of your comments, suggestions, and
thoughts when The PEN comes out.  Let this be a vehicle for a dialogue of
ideas and ideals.  Any remark you share will be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,

(Sgnd)
ANNE LAN KAGAHASTIAN-CANDELARIA
Managing Director, ACED

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria                    Telephone: 426-6001 loc 4018
Director                                           Telefax: 426-5693
Ateneo Center for Educational Development
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Philippines