[Blueboard] University Stations of the Cross on February 24, 2005

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Wed Feb 16 13:41:48 PHT 2005

Ateneo de Manila University
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO   :    THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM   :    THE PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT   :    UNIVERSITY STATIONS OF THE CROSS 2005

                              FEBRUARY 24, 2005

            Pax Christi!

            Two years ago we revived an old Ateneo tradition: the Stations of the Cross. This year, as the Ateneo de Manila University joins the whole Christendom in observing the Lenten season, we shall have the stations of the cross on Thursday, 24 February, 4 pm. We shall assemble in front of Xavier Hall, process through the College and end at the Church of Gesu with the celebration of the Eucharist to be led by Fr. Daniel Patrick Huang, S.J., Jesuit Provincial.

Last year, our country was ravaged by a series of typhoons that left at its wake thousands of affected families and millions of pesos in losses. More importantly, the country continues to reel from an economic crisis made worse by our government’s huge fiscal problem. In the Asian region, the latest count of the Tsunami tragedy that hit it last December places the death toll at 280,000. These then shall be our prayer intentions for our university stations.

I urge everyone to join this community gathering. Let us all march with the Lord who walks and suffers with our world in suffering.

                                                                                BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.