[Blueboard] TFI-FF: Plagerism

LS FACULTY DEVELOPMENT facdev at admu.edu.ph
Fri Aug 12 14:31:05 PHT 2005

Dear Friends,

	Now that we have reached a state of relative calm and thoughtful
vigilance, the Faculty Development Office would like to offer its first
teacher’s skill session for this semester. In this session we will focus on the
problem of plagerism.

	The last decade was witness to the growth of the technologies of
information sharing and gathering. And as these technologies developed, so did
the technologies for avoiding the pain of research. Many of our students have
wittingly or unwittingly become plagerists because they have been drawing their
research from the Internet and other such information sharing media. Int his
light, Dr. Isabel Martin of the English Department would like to discuss with
us the problem of plagerism, its causes, how it is done, how it can be detected
and what can be done about it.

	This session will be held at the Gonzaga Function Room A, on the 22nd
of August 2005 from 4:30 to 6:00 pm. This count as a TFI follow-up session.

	We hope to see you there!

Agustin Martin G. Rodriguez, PhD
Loyola Schools Faculty Development
Telefax: (632) 426-6096