[Blueboard] sci 10 plenary

sio marquez nmarquez at ateneo.edu
Mon Aug 8 17:50:28 PHT 2005

* * * If our economies are to flourish, if global poverty is to be babished, and
if the well-being of the world's people enhanced -- not just in this generation
but in succeding generations -- we must make sure we take care of the natural
environment and resources on which our economic activity depends.
                 - Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, addressing the
                   Energy and Environment Ministers from 20 countries, Mar2005

                     The Science and Society Plenary Series
                                    and the
                        School of Science and Engineering

                                 invite you to

                           SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT:
                       The Challenge of the 21ST Century

                                 a lecture by

                              Fabian M. Dayrit, PhD
                                     Dean
                       School of Science and Engineering

                             Escaler Lecture Hall
                           Science Education Complex
                           Wednesday, 10 August 2005
                              830am, 930am, 130pm

" The Earth provides enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but not for everyone's
greed. "
                                                      - Mahatma Gandhi

Norman Dennis E. Marquez, MD
Ateneo de Manila University