[Blueboard] Sharing Pathways Victories

cvillanueva at ateneo.edu cvillanueva at ateneo.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:36:53 PHT 2005

Please post! Thank you!

Inspiring stories and good news abound if we learn to seek or make them
happen...

Mary Rose Patingo is 18 years old and is the eldest in a brood of five.
She has been living in Payatas her whole life.  She graduated from Bagong
Silangan High School in Quezon City. Her father is a tricycle driver while
her mother is a housewife, now engaged in the Pathways Livelihood Venture
in sewing.

Mary Rose never imagined that she would enter college, at a private
exclusive school at that. But thanks to Pathways, Rose is well on her way
to achieving her dreams.  Now a junior taking up BS Marketing in
Assumption College, one could not imagine that Rose was once shy and
soft-spoken.  She has transformed into a confident and driven young lady,
ready to take on any challenge that comes her way.

To know more about Mary Rose's story, log on to
www.pathwaysphilippines.blogspot.com

And now for more good news...

Congratulations to our July top grossers for our Piso Para Kay Isko
Campaign:

1.	Department of Modern Languages -- P744.50
2.	Rizal Library -- P657.45
3.	Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Graduate Services --
              P360.70
4.	University Athletics -- P273.00
5.	LS P.E. Department & Manang's -- P261.60
6.	Personnel Office -- P182.45
7.	Department of Mathematics -- P171.50
8.	Office of International Programs -- P157.05
9.	University Press -- P149.75
10.	Placement Office -- P107.05

Including the collections from other offices, this brings the total to
P3,913.65 for the month of July.  This amount can cover for one student's
transportation and food expenses for one month.

This campaign will run until September 2005. Piso Para Kay Isko cans are
found in different participating offices, units and departments in the
Ateneo. Proceeds of this campaign will help more students like Mary Rose
get to college and achieve their dreams.

So keep on donating and raising funds for these bright and promising
students. The change that you contribute can change the lives of these
kids and will hopefully, in turn, change the future as we know it.

Thank you to the Ateneo community for their continued support for
Pathways!