[Blueboard] Ateneo Blue Eagles Bulletin #2- 68th UAAP Season

Sonia Araneta maraneta at ateneo.edu
Mon Apr 11 12:00:55 PHT 2005

Ateneo Blue Eagles Bulletin # 2

68th UAAP Season

Tenorio to play another year.

<>Amidst reports that LA Tenorio was being lured by PBA teams to go pro
and speculation that he would actually make the big jump, the ace point
guard announced on Monday April 4, that he would stay with the Ateneo
Blue Eagles for his fifth and final year.

"Talagang pinag-isipan ko ng mabuti together with my family, and I
decided I want to stay for the school and for the team,"said Tenorio who
also admitted that it was a tough choice to make.

In a conversation with him the night before his official announcement,
LA said that he took a lot of things into consideration including his
studies, the UAAP season ahead, and the school. "Now I can concentrate
on practicing and helping the team."

Arguably the best point guard from the college ranks today, now Tenorio
has an extra year to hone his skills, gain experience, and help the Blue
and White in their quest for a UAAP championship.

<>

Blue Eagles to compete in the Fr. Martin's Cup

As part of the summer training program for men's basketball, Ateneo will
be fielding in two teams for the Fr. Martin's cup opening on April 8.

The Seniors division is divided into three groups.  Ateneo Team-A is in
group (C) together with University of the East, Philippine Christian
University, Mapua Institute of Technology, San Sebastian College-Manila,
Feati University, STI College, and Lyceum of the Phililippines.

Ateneo team-B is in group (B) with Far Eastern University-A, University
of the Philippines, National University, Colegio de San Juan de Letran,
College of Saint Benilde, San Sebastian College-Cavite, and Arellano
University.

Group (A) consists of De La Salle University, Adamson University,
University of Santo Tomas, San Beda College, Jose Rizal University,
Centro Escolar University, FEU-B, and PCU-B.

Ateneo-A will face STI on April 13, 3pm at the FEU gym. Schedules for
the following games TBA.

Team A

<>Aguilar, Japeth
Al Hussaini, Rabeh