[Blueboard] Ateneo team participates in ACM International Collegiate Programming Competition

Ma. Mercedes T. Rodrigo, Ph.D. mrodrigo at ateneo.edu
Wed Apr 6 15:20:55 PHT 2005

The Department of Information Systems and Computer Science wishes to congratulate our programming team composed of

Carlos-Miguel Arguelles (CS05)
Allan Espinosa (4ECE)
Mark Punzalan (4CS)

and coaches

Dr. Pablo Manalastas (DISCS)
Dr. Rafael Saldana (Math)

for their participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Competition World Finals held in Shanghai, China on April 6.

Our team ranked 75 out of 78 teams, solving 1 out of 9 problems.  This is a tremendous achievement because
* All teams participating in the world finals were already winners of their regional elimination rounds.
* The Ateneo's is the first Filipino team to ever participate in the World Finals.
* If you examine the scoreboard at http://icpc.baylor.edu/icpc/Finals/Scoreboard/index.html, we are in excellent company.

Our congratulations and thanks to the team members and their coaches!