[Blueboard] Victory Bonfire

lcoronado at ateneo.edu lcoronado at ateneo.edu
Wed Oct 6 07:48:40 PHT 2004

               An Invitation to Our Ateneo Family

The Ateneo High School Community will be holding a Victory Bonfire this
coming Friday, October 8, 2004, celebrating the UAAP 'Back-to-Back'
Basketball Championship won by the Ateneo blue Eaglets for School Year
2004-2005.

The celebrations will begin with a concelebrated Mass of Thanksgiving at
4:30 in the afternoon at the Senior's Quadrangle, followed by the
lighting of the bonfire, and a program honoring our Blue Eaglets, their
coaching staff, and their many supporters from the Ateneo Community.

Those of us of who followed our Blue Eaglets in their gallant drive to the
championship - are all invited to join this fitting salute and tribute -
to these young men who have been for many of us this season, -
outstanding "exemplars of the Ateneo's Fighting Spirit."

A line from an old Ateneo song, written by Father Horacio de la Costa,
S.J., and long forgotten by many, - speaks of Ateneans, warriors of the
Blue and White, who

    "Sweep through . . . Crash through . . . Push resistless on . . .
        Fighting . . . Fighting . . .- till the field is won."

That spirit, we are happy to say, is still very much alive today.

And we thank our Ateneo Fighting Blue Eaglets, for awakening in us the
memories of that song, - and stirring that spirit back into flame!

That is what Friday's celebration is all about!

And why we call on our fellow Ateneans to come home to Loyola, -

    and come, fly high with us, - on that Day!

                      Fr. Bert Ampil, S.J.
                          Atenean